the wonderful wonderful feeling when you discover that clothes that used to be uncomfortably tight are now a bit loose <3
My husband got 2 chicks for me before the second surgery on my arm. Turned out they were sick and, despite my best care, one died. The other became very attached to me, and I to her, and we’ve kept each other company ever since. She follows me everywhere, but still lets me know if she would prefer to go somewhere else, she calls me to share food with her, to preen or sleep, she pays attention to where I tap my finger (like it’s a beak!) and she still hides her head under my arm if the hawks appear. Almost every day we go hunting for bugs together and she even learned to strip aphids off my vegetables. Since I was bedridden for a long time, she’s very patient if I’m on the phone or computer, because that is what she grew up being use to (She likes to watch the screens. She also loves to try and play Pokemon on the DS) but, besides that, I try not to ask her to be anything but a chicken. Because it’s that she’s a chicken that I am so in love with her. Seeing the extreme joy she experiences from just a dust bath in the sun, or her curiosity at life around her, turns out to have been everything I needed to overcome my worries.
She is adorable. Someone please tell me again why people think it’s okay for them to kill and take the lives of these birds just for the sake of a meal?
when i find conor oberst lyrics to be the only lyrics i can identify with i know something has to change
orange is the new black like the l word but in prison
i need to get a fucking direction in life or i’m gonna end up in space
i met the cutest kitty today and and we cuddled and became friends and it sneaked into my house and after i carried it out and closed the door it stood outside meowing and wanted to come in (best thing that has happend to me in a long time)
- Boys, on average, spend two fewer hours doing household chores per week than girls do (they play two hours more).
- If they live in households where children are compensated for doing chores, boys make and save more money.
- A 2009 study conducted by University of Michigan economists found a two-hour gender disparity in responsibilities per week in a study of 3,000 kids.
- 75 percent of girls had chores, while just 65 percent of boys do
- This disparity in chores and free time continues into adulthood all over the world. According to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), men “report spending more time in activities counted as leisure than women. Gender differences in leisure time are wide across OECD countries.”
- Year after year, studies repeatedly confirm these patterns.
- The problems women face with unequal pay and housework duties actually start in childhood.
- The fact that boys’ chores appear to be more profitable makes the childhood chore gap even more disturbing. Turns out, parents tend to value the work that boys do more.
- Gender stereotypes dictate these patterns.
- men who grow up with sisters do less housework than their spouses and are also significantly more socially conservative.
Just had to bold that bottom point there because of the amount of misogynists who claim that because they have women in their family, they can’t POSSIBLY be sexist ever.
oh my fucking god
relatable to own life [✓]
today i felt really sad